[tab title=”OVERVIEW” active=”true”]
This tour has been made to offer an amazing MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE for people without any experience. It will be an experience of a lifetime.
It is a combo for both activities, you will climb 400 meters of via ferrata and descend the mountain using 6 zipwires (150 mts to 700 mts).
WHAT IS VIA FERRATA?
A via ferrata is a path used to climb a mountain with a safety system permanently installed. It gives the chance to people without any experience in climbing, the opportunity to move through spectacular mountain scenery using a minimum of equipment.
The climber is permanently tied to a steel cable that runs through the entire route. Usually does not require any climbing rope. Metal ladders, bridges and similar facilities are used. This helps maintain the physical difficulty of climbing and mix beginners skills while providing access to a very high, and extreme vertical sections of a mountain, that could only be accessible to experienced rock climbers.
WHAT IS A ZIP LINE OR CANOPY?
A zip-line (also known as a flying fox, foefie slide, zip wire, aerial runway) consists of a pulley suspended on a cable mounted on an incline. It is designed to enable a user propelled by gravity to traverse from the top to the bottom of the inclined cable, by holding on or attaching to the freely moving pulley.
Anyone who is in good health and physical condition is able to climb the via ferrata. The minimum age to climb the Sacred Valley via ferrata is 9 years old. Without exception, the via ferrata climbers must always be accompanied by a guide.
VIA FERRATA SECURITY
The equipment used allows the person to remain tied to a “life line”, in this case a steel cable. Through the via ferrata lanyard the person can go up securing himself with the carabineers. If a fall occurs, the person will remain tide to the “life line” without any risk. All our guides are mountain guides trained in vertical rescue and ropes.
ZIP LINE SECURITY
All paths between lines are equipped with via ferrata system. The lines were extended, in a way, that people does not need any break system. The person lose velocity when she or he is getting closer to the end of the line.
All our guides are trained periodically in vertical rope rescue and First Aid.
We reserve the right to admission to determine whether people are suitable for the zip line or not.
8:00 am from Cusco,
9:30 – 10 am from the Sacred Valley
3 to 4 hours depending the pace and size of the group.
You will need to add the transportation times, depending on your location (Cusco city one hour or Sacred Valley 30 minutes) and before to start, equipment and safety talk will take 30 minutes
[tab title=”WHAT´S INCLUDE“]
- Private transportation from/to Cusco or Sacred Valley,
- Equipment: A pelvic harness, helmet, gloves, a via ferrata lanyard, (double system with strength dissipater especially designed for via ferrata climbers) and a zip-line kit, (pulley, 3 carabiners, and lanyard). All our equipment is certified CE and it is specially made for this activity.
- Box lunch.
For private groups rates, please ask.
- International and/or domestic tickets
- Meals & beverages
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
- Use light clothing and comfortable shoes (tennis, light hiking boots, etc.. No sandals).
- Use pants rather than shorts.
- Note that as you go upper the weather will be colder and windy, you can carry extra clothing in a small backpack.
- Bring at least 1 lt. of water.
- You can bring your empty bottle, we do have purified water at our base so you can refill it at the beginning and at the end of the activity.
- Eco friendly Attitude; please recycle bottles, we provide the water you bring the bottle.
The SACRED VALLEY – ZIP LINE + VIA FERRATA TOUR departs daily and it is available year round although the months of April till October are probably more comfortable since the weather is drier. June, July and August are the high season when this tour can be fully booked so be sure to make your reservations in advance. The months of January, February and March are in the wet season, please bring a good rain jacket and waterproof your belongings.
Price per Person USD. 130*
*In regular/pool service, you will be part or an organised group
For private groups rates, please ask.
[tab title=”TERMS & CONDITIONS“]
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- If during the length of the program the traveller abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. Madec Tours EIRL does not cover the expenses made by the traveller due to abandonment such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
- Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, Madec Tours EIRL or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- In case of force majeur, when a trek or tour cannot start or be completed, Madec Tours EIRL will find an alternative. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked tour, Madec Tours EIRL will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Madec Tours EIRL cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
The Client may cancel this tour package at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Cancelation Notice Received||Cancelation Penalty %|
|30+ Days advanced notice||20% Penalty of total booking paid|
|14-30 Days advanced notice||50% Penalty of total booking paid|
|8-15 Days advanced notice||80% Penalty of total booking paid|
|0-7 Days advanced notice||100% Penalty of total booking paid|