[tab title=”OVERVIEW” active=”true”]
Vinincunca, also called Rainbow mountain is a magic place where the ancient quechua trails was used to exchange products from the 4 suyos (inca regions). This natural wonder place is located at 5,100 masl in Cusco.
The Rainbow mountain trail is rated moderate and any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route. It is fairly challenging nevertheless, and altitudes of 5,100 m are reached, so ensuring that you are well acclimatized is important. If arriving from sea level, plan to spend at least 2 full days in Cusco prior to commencing the trek. This should allow plenty of time for acclimatization and give you sufficient opportunity to visit the city of Cusco and nearby Inca ruins at Sacsayhuaman, Q’enko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, as well as spending a day or two exploring the Sacred Valley of the Incas visiting the tradition market town of Pisac and the fascinating Inca fortress at Ollantaytambo
- Pick up time at the hotel will be between 3:00 – 3:30 am.
- The trip will be approximately 2 hours to the village of Pitumarca (3,570 masl), here we will have breakfast.
- We will continue our trip by car, to the small village of Chilca. From this point on we will begin our adventure. The hike will take from 3 to 4 hours where we will appreciate beautiful panoramas full of streams, mountains, and vegetation particular to this area.
- After this we will arrive at our place of destiny, Vinicunca or the Rainbow Mountain (5,100 masl) having enough time to record this magical place in pictures and in our memory.
- Furthermore, we will be able to appreciate the Apu Ausangate (6,372 masl), the place that is more adored by the Incas.
- After having lived this magical experience, we will descend again to Chilca , place where we will have lunch, before departure to Cusco
- Finally, we will return to the city of Cusco at about 6:30 pm
[tab title=”WHAT´S INCLUDE“]
- Pick up from your hotels
- Transportation in regular/pool service
- Professional tour guide, English/Spanish spoken, in regular/pool service
- Entrance ticket
- 01 Breakfast
- 01 Lunch
- Tips for your guide, driver, transfer agent.
- Personal expenses
- Horse and muleteer (add USD. 30)
- Meals (not mentioned) & Beverages
WHAT TO BRING:
- Small backpack & walking shoes
- Bottle of wáter & Sunglasses
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Extra money (soles)
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film/memory cards and spare batteries
Daily departures along the year.
USD. 55 per person
[tab title=”TERMS & CONDITIONS“]
- The Rainbow mountain – Full Day Tour, is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date.
- If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. MADEC TOURS – PERU does not cover the expenses made by the traveler due to abandonement such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
- Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, MADEC TOURS – PERU or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- In case of force majeur, when a trek or tour cannot start or be completed, MADEC TOURS – PERU will find an alternative. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked tour, MADEC TOURS – PERU will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. MADEC TOURS – PERU cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
The Client may cancel this tour package at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Cancelation Notice Received||Cancelation Penalty %|
|30+ Days advanced notice||20% Penalty of total booking paid|
|14-30 Days advanced notice||50% Penalty of total booking paid|
|8-15 Days advanced notice||80% Penalty of total booking paid|
|0-7 Days advanced notice||100% Penalty of total booking paid|