[tab title=”OVERVIEW” active=”true”]
Our one day train tour to Machupicchu takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machupicchu, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the entire journey. Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town) you are met by your guide who will board with you in the bus that takes you to the entrance of the “Lost city of the Incas”, Machupicchu citadel. Upon arriving at Machupicchu citadel, you will receive a 2 hour guided tour of this enigmatic and mystic place which is now considered one of the new 7 wonders of the world.
Altitude at Machupicchu – 2400m / 7873ft.
Train To Machupicchu – Peru Rail or Inca Rail train
Distance from Cusco to Machupicchu – 112km / 69.6 miles
Weather – dry from May to October, wet from November to April
To climb Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mountains you need to book in advance, one mountain per day.
The MACHU PICCHU 1 DAY TOUR is rated normal to easy. It is important to feel comfortable walking for extended periods of time. You must also be acclimated to high altitude. If arriving from sea level, plan to spend at least 2 full days in Cusco prior to commencing this tour. This should allow plenty of time for acclimatization and give you sufficient opportunity to visit the city of Cusco and nearby Inca ruins at Sacsayhuaman, Q’enko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, as well as spending a day or two exploring the Sacred Valley of the Incas visiting the trade market town of Pisac and the fascinating Inca fortress at Ollantaytambo
Leaving from Cusco very early in the morning we’ll pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the Poroy (Cusco) or Ollantaytambo (Sacred Valley) train station where you’ll board your train to Machupicchu train station at Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town). With beautiful scenery throughout the journey the train journey itself is an experience.
Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley you’ll arrive to Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town) and head straight up to Machupicchu for your guided tour. The tour lasts for about 2 hours during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
After your tour you’ll take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to have lunch and take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco. You will then be taken back to your hotel in Cusco.
[tab title=”WHAT´S INCLUDE“]
- Shuttle transfer from your hotel to Poroy or Ollantaytambo train station
- Train ticket from Poroy or Ollantaytambo to Machupicchu train station at Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town), in Vistadome train service or similar.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town) to Machupicchu citadel
- Entrance ticket to the inca citadel of Machupicchu
- Professional tour guide, English Spoken in regular/pool service
- Return bus ticket from Machupicchu Citadel to Aguas Calientes (Machupichu town)
- Train ticket from Machupicchu train station at Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town) to Poroy or Ollantaytambo train station
- Shuttle transfer from Poroy or Ollantaytambo train station to hotel
- Meals & beverages
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun block cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera, batteries and memory cards
- Snacks that you can eat completely in one serving (There is no food allowed inside Machupicchu citadel, so please be discreet)
The MACHUPICCHU FULL DAY TOUR departs daily and it is available year round although the months of April till October are probably more comfortable since the weather is drier. June, July and August are the high season when this tour can be fully booked so be sure to make your reservations in advance. The months of January, February and March are in the wet season, please bring a good rain jacket and waterproof your belongings.
|Adult+12||Child 8-18||Child 7-|
|USD. 350||USD. 210||USD. 180|
[tab title=”TERMS & CONDITIONS“]
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Machupicchu full day tour is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
- If during the length of the program the traveller abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. Madec Tours EIRL does not cover the expenses made by the traveler due to abandonement such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
- Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, Madec Tours EIRL or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- In case of force majeur, when a trek or tour cannot start or be completed, Madec Tours EIRL will find an alternative. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked tour, Madec Tours EIRL will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Madec Tours EIRL cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
The Client may cancel this tour package at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Cancelation Notice Received||Cancelation Penalty %|
|30+ Days advanced notice||20% Penalty of total booking paid|
|14-30 Days advanced notice||50% Penalty of total booking paid|
|8-15 Days advanced notice||80% Penalty of total booking paid|
|0-7 Days advanced notice||100% Penalty of total booking paid|