[tab title=”OVERVIEW” active=”true”]
The Inti Raymi is now the second largest festival on the South American continent and for this reason you must book your Inti Raymi 2018 tickets blue section in advance. A weeklong celebration begins prior to the new year festivities with concerts and street fairs. This part is less about tradition and more focused on fun. Lose yourself in song and dance at Cuzco’s Plaza de Armas while sampling local Peruvian cuisine and just generally absorbing the good times.
SETTINGS FOR THE INTI RAYMI CEREMONY:
The celebration of the “Inti Raymi” on June 24th , in honor of the Sun God, is made in the three historic and natural sceneries:
- The “QORIKANCHA” or the temple of the Sun of the Incas; here the celebration begins at 9:00am and last for 45 minutes.
- The “Plaza de Armas”, “HAUQAYPATA” or the main square; in the time of the Incas this vast square was used for important ceremonies, which took place entirely in the great “ushnu” or ceremonial platform. The ceremony here begins at 11:00 and ends one hour later
- “SAQSAYWAMAN” .- it’s located at 2 kms from the city of Cusco at 3,560 masl. The name is in the ancient language used by the Incas (Qhechua) which translated into Spanish means “falcon, satiate”. Here the ceremony begins at 13:30pm and is for 1:30 hours.
ACTS, CEREMONIES AND RITUALS DURING THE INTI RAYMI:
- Ceremonial Introduction
- Report the army from the four regions: Qollasuyu, Kuntisuyu, Antisuyu and Chinchaysuyu.
- Ritual of the sacred “Chicha” a corn drink made by the chosen women (the most beautiful girls of the Empire)
- Ritual of the Holy Fire.
- Sacrifice of the llama (Andean cameloid) and auguries.
- Rite of the “Sankhu” (holy bread)
- “Q’ochurikuy” ( Dances and music from all Peru )
Before 7:00am we will pick you up from your hotel and then transfer you to the Q’oricancha temple which is the temple of the sun and where the fiesta begins. Here are many typical musicians and they open the festival with a great amount of music. When the Inca court with its many nobles enter there is silence. Finally the Inca and his Coya (wife/sister) enter and there is a ceremony of veneration to the sun. The procession then continues to Haukaypata (Plaza de Armas/Main Square) where the generals inspect the guardians of the city and the imperial army and the Inca makes another ceremony. After this the Inca court makes it way to Sacsayhuaman. You with the rest of the group will take the bus to this impressive fortress.
1pm – The principal ceremony is held at Sacsayhuaman. The representation of the Inca is one of Pachacutec, which is the Inca in which the sun god (Inti) reveal his might and strength. The armies come from the four quarters (suyos) of Tahuantinsuyo (the Inca Empire) and there are different ceremonies for fire, coca, and the four quarters of the empire as well as for the future of the empire. The ceremony lasts about 90 minutes and is in Quechua but visually is powerful. Your guide will also be able to translate sections or parts of the ceremonies.
Between 3 and 4pm your guide will transfer you back to your hotel.
[tab title=”WHAT´S INCLUDE“]
- Pick up from your hotels
- Public Ceremonies at Qoricancha and Hauqaypata (Cusco’s main square).
- Inti Raymi 2018 tickets blue section (with reserved preferred seat in Saqsaywaman).
- Private Transport in and return, in regular/pool servicce
- Professional guide in English/Spanish and Quechua, in regular/pool service
- Box lunch (Regular or Vegetarian meals by request)
- Ceremony brochure and DVD
- Tips for your guide, driver, transfer agent.
- Personal expenses
- Additional tours
- Phone call and internet access
- Meals & Beverages
WHAT TO BRING:
- Small backpack & walking shoes
- Bottle of wáter & Sunglasses
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Extra money (soles)
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film/memory cards and spare batteries
The Inti Raymi tour is ONLY available once a year, on the 24th June and advanced booking is required.
[tab title=”TERMS & CONDITIONS“]
- The Inti Raymi 2018 – Full Day Tour, is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date.
- If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. MADEC TOURS – PERU does not cover the expenses made by the traveler due to abandonement such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
- Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, MADEC TOURS – PERU or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- In case of force majeur, when a trek or tour cannot start or be completed, MADEC TOURS – PERU will find an alternative. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked tour, MADEC TOURS – PERU will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. MADEC TOURS – PERU cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts